Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hurry up and wait...


Now 38 weeks and counting, I am SO ready for this baby to be born! And apparently she's getting ready too... My doctor checked my cervix today and I'm dilated 2 cm but the cervix hasn't thinned out much (normal for the second time around.) Bad news is that my uterus is also measuring 2 weeks less than I should be which could mean that she doesn't have enough room to grow in there. I have an ultrasound scheduled on Friday to check her growth and the amniotic fluid level. If things look OK, I can keep un chugging along until she decides to make her grand appearance. Otherwise they will plan on inducing me probably Friday or Saturday. I'll keep everyone updated on the outcome of the ultrasound.

We're all ready for her whenever she decides to come. Even Brendan has started talking more about his baby sister (who he knows will be sitting in the empty carseat that has taken up residence in the seat next to him.) I was even impressed at his reaction to our friends' baby who stayed a few nights a couple weeks ago. They brought their 2-year-old and 3-month-old boys and we all had a blast. At one point I was holding the baby and Brendan said "hi baby!" then he pondered for a few moments and pointed to my belly and said "mommy has a baby in her belly..." pointed to the baby, looked up at me and questioned "like HE is?" And that's when I saw the lightbulb go on in his mind. He was connecting the word baby with the reality of what it really meant. What a smart little guy... we'll see how much he enjoys this baby that will become a part of our family here shortly...

No comments: