Saturday, August 18, 2012

Portland Zoo

I love living in Bend.  I truly do.  I don't miss much about Portland but I do miss my friends.  I'll admit I don't make friends easily... it's a flaw that is sometimes a nightmare on my self esteem.  So after 4 years living in Bend, I still don't have quite the close-knit group of friends that I had and was developing in Portland.  I do have friends, let me make that clear. Just not as many "close" friends that I can get together with, confide in, and feel loved by.  And so, when, out of the blue, I got a call from a good friend in Portland asking if I wanted to come visit, I was incredibly touched and wouldn't have imagined turning her down.  The kids and I packed up alone, leaving Joe at home and had an adventurous 3-day trip that included the Portland Zoo, the outlet mall, a birthday party, lots of backyard swimming and a mommies night out for ice cream :)  And while I left feeling sad that we can't do it more often, I also felt grateful for the really great moments I got to share with a good friend.

No comments: