Friday, August 24, 2012

A Decade

Ten years ago I never could have imagined that time would fly by so quickly.  An entire decade married to this man and I find myself loving him more every day.  I chose this picture because it personifies our marriage.  I love our smiles because that's what life is about for us.  We laugh... we joke... we're sarcastic and fun.  We let go of the small things and cherish the big things.  We love unconditionally and would move mountains to make each other smile.  Our marriage is a journey... a lifetime commitment that will continue to challenge and surprise us.  Looking back, I thank God for the path He has chosen... because at the end of the day, there's nowhere else I'd rather be....

Top Ten Reasons I Love Being Married To This Man (in no particular order)

- He makes me feel beautiful, sexy, strong and desired on a regular basis, without fail.  To him, there is no woman more beautiful than me.  

- He loves me despite my brief moments of craziness and sees past all my flaws.

- He is my rock.  The one who keeps me strong.  The one I can rely on to pick me back up when I feel broken and weak.

- I fit perfectly into his amazingly strong arms and it's the only place I truly feel safe.

- I know, without a doubt, that he would never ever leave me.

- He has seen me through some amazingly hard times and only seems to love me even more.

- He's the one I want to hold me when it feels like life is conspiring against me.

- He never hangs up the phone without saying "I love you" and it makes me smile every time.

- He has contributed in creating two of the most beautiful children in the world and loves them with a fierceness that makes me proud.

- He's slow to anger, quick to love and I can't imagine my life without him

No comments: