Friday, May 11, 2012

Home Depot Workshop

We frequent Home Depot.  It's the "big boy toy store" that offers a generous 10% military discount often accompanied by a genuine "thank you so much for your service" that I truly admire.  But it's Joe's haven... not mine.  I sometimes even stay in the truck (or drift on over to Michael's next door) when it's on Joe's list of stops.  It's the mindless wandering that bores me.  My patience can't handle standing in an aisle sifting through boxes looking for that "one part" that must be misplaced...

When the sweet checker mentioned the Kid's Workshop coming up and we connected the date with the fact that Joe would be gone for guard duty, I knew it would be the perfect opportunity to get us out of the house.  The kids were ecstatic, they had a blast.  And their sweet energetic smiles were reward enough for entering this store with 2 small children on my own.

I look at their beautiful faces and I can't imagine a better way to have spent my Saturday morning...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Too cute! You're such a good Mama! Emma refers to Home Depot as the Man Store & both her and I feel just like you when it comes to going in. When Pat asks her if she wants to go with him on errands, she always asks if he is going to the Man Store...& if he replies 'yes'...she stays home with Mama ;)