Saturday, June 4, 2011

Finally Some Sunshine




May 10, 2011. The first day in probably nine months that felt nice enough to venture out to the park. As evidence of our long lack of nice weather Aubrey asked when I put her shirt on... "I wear my swimsuit?" to which I confusingly replied "um.. no, honey, this is your shirt..."


She looked at me and asked "why you see my skin then?" and I had to smile. "These are called short sleeves sweetheart." And THAT is how long it's been since we've seen warm weather. So long that Aubrey forgot what short sleeves were. Of course she's also only 2 1/2 but still...


Needless to say, the kids were ecstatic and played hard enough to take 3 hour naps that day. How I long for the weather when every day can be park day.

1 comment:

A Busy Wife And Mom said...

So glad you're back blogging. I miss your updates. I check often for new posts. Love you girl. :)