Monday, July 26, 2010

Little Girl


She's the reason I question my sanity on a frequent basis. But she also reminds me what being a mom is all about. The trials and tribulations can melt away when she wraps her tiny arms around my neck and says "I yuv you mama..."

Almost 20 months old, rapidly approaching the age of 2. I've quickly come to realize that the "terrible twos" has nothing to do with actual age and everything to do with entering the phase of independence. Whoever created the term simply had a child who accomplished that at age 2. For us? It started at 18 months. She's got a temper, an attitude, and a strong opinion and she's not afraid to express them on a regular basis. But that smile comes out and it melts your heart. It's impossible not to love that sweet face.

No comments: