Monday, May 3, 2010

Not Me Monday

That was NOT me whose children were depleting an entire roll of toilet paper into the toilet making a mess of the bathroom. And I did NOT proceed to lose my control and scream at the top of my lungs. No, I would NEVER do that...

It was NOT my child who ran through the kitchen wielding a steak knife pilfered from the open dishwasher, NOR was it my child found stuffing the contents of her dinner tray down the front of her shirt (the snapped-in-the-crotch, bodysuit kind...) And it was NOT my child who went limp on the floor of Starbucks after her mommy said it was time to go... no, my children would NEVER misbehave like that.

It was NOT me who put the kids to bed early while my husband was gone, just to have some ME time. I believe every tantrum throwing, whining, crying, screaming moment is too precious NOT to share with them...

It was definitely NOT me who set my child down in a clothing store while I paid for my purchase only to turn around and find her missing while the cashier nervously helped me find her... how irresponsible would THAT have been??

I was NOT the one who told my sweet little 3-year-old to stop talking when he asked his 50th question... I love the sound of that sweet NON-STOP voice...

And it certainly was NOT me who sneaked a cookie from the pantry and ate it in hiding so that my kids wouldn't ask for one... who would DO that to their children?!...

No comments: