Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Winner and a Loser

Winner? Seafood Cakes with Mustard Crema. Absolutely amazing flavor. The hint of cheese (I substituted fresh shredded Parmesan for the Parmigiano-Reggiano) really brought out the flavors. And the mustard crema complimented them well. I used precooked shrimp and canned crabmeat and served them with a side of steamed cauliflower. Even the kids were pleased. The "not so much a winner"? I hesitate to call it a loser since I've never really been a "burger" kind of girl. I'm not even sure why I tested this recipe except that it sounded and looked good. And while it had great flavors, I resigned to the fact that I just wasn't into its "burger-ness." So, if you are a burger fan and would like a new take on a timeless meal, I suggest you experiment with this one. I used extra lean ground round instead of ground sirloin (maybe that's where I went wrong?), left out the horseradish from the spread, and replaced regular buns with Oroweat Sandiwch Thins. Final verdict? Good flavor if you like a good burger!

No comments: