Sunday, January 10, 2010

Thumbs Down

Thursday night I branched out with a new recipe called "Sausage and Caramelized Onion Bread Pudding." And before you cringe, let me remind you all that a bread pudding is simply bread cubes soaked in an egg/milk mixture. But many people (including my sister and husband) hear the words bread pudding and instantly think sweet, which makes this recipe sound like a very odd dessert gone wrong. However, I have made a few very delicious savory bread puddings (having to deceptively alter their names to appease my husband) and this one will NOT be added to that list. Maybe it was the type of sausage used, maybe it was the type of bread I chose... in any case, I was turned off to the recipe altogether and it went in the recycling bin. One point for the discard pile! I will include the hyperlink to the recipe in case anyone else out there is feeling adventurous... (P.S. Whenever possible, I will include links to the recipes as a hyperlink within the title beneath the picture...) This week? "Bacon and Egg Enchiladas" and "Fresh Tomato, Sausage, and Pecorino Pasta" (not together of course...) Stay tuned folks...

Sausage and Caramelized Onion Bread Pudding

No comments: