Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner?

Monday's new recipe? Bacon and Egg Enchiladas. And, while it reminded me of a baked breakfast burrito smothered in enchilada sauce, it wasn't as stellar as I had hoped. So, it went into the recycling bin but I know where to find it online if I ever want to make it again. I used green instead of red enchilada sauce (again, we are "mildly" spicy people and prefer the mild versions to the hotter ones) and only had 7 remaning pieces of bacon (instead of the 12 that it calls for.) I also created 8 enchiladas rather than 10 (who knows how 10 would have fit in a 9x13 pan?!), also cutting down the eggs to 8 (using the 1 egg to 1 enchilada ratio) and using 4 eggs plus 6 egg whites. Joe and the kids were complimentary critics. It seems everyone loved it but me...

Bacon and Egg Enchiladas

No comments: