Wednesday, October 28, 2009

11 months

She's becoming her own little person. Less and less my snuggly little baby. I take joy in every chance I get to hold her, soothe her, rock her. And the chances are coming fewer and farther between. I hold her in my arms as she lays her head on my chest, arms clinging to me tightly, and it pulls at my heart knowing that these moments won't last forever.

And just to show how difficult it is to get her to sit for this picture these days, I decided to post the one that was taken just seconds after the first...
She's pulling herself to standing, feeding herself well, tries to comb her own hair, loves to play the "pickup" game (how many times can I throw this on the floor before mommy will stop picking it up for me?) gives hugs and kisses to her dolls and animals and loves her big brother like he's the best thing in the world. She calls the bottle "boob" but hey, it delivers the same results right? She waves and says bye bye and has taken to telling me "no-no." We're in for some adventurous toddler years...

2 comments:

Dana said...

she is amazing and i love how you describe her!!!

Anonymous said...

I still love it when my big kids hug me and we hold each other...