Thursday, March 25, 2010

Keepers

This week was a huge hit with three new recipes. The Fontina-Stuffed Potato Skins and Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Apples pictured to the left accompanying a rather delicious grilled pork tenderloin were absolutely outstanding. I can't take much credit for the pork other than grilling it to perfection as I bought it packaged in marinade (I figured if I was focusing on side dishes, I could slack a little on the meat!) And while the pleasant noises all around were proof of an awesome meal, the best compliment I could have asked for was when Brendan cleaned his plate and said sweetly, "oh mommy, thank you so much for making such a good dinner for me... oh that was SO yummy!"




It was the Grilled Chicken Salad that really had our mouths watering. Not necessarily a favorite among the kids (although not at all understandably so, as I figured the sweet background flavors would have won them over...) It was Joe and I who had to restrain ourselves from licking the bowl clean and arguing who would get the leftovers. Served with greek flat bread and a side of fresh strawberries... Joe turned to me and said "this one's a keeper!"

No comments: